|History of the Campuses and Buildings of the University of Rochester|
|United States Hotel||Prince Street Campus||Eastman School of Music||Medical Center||River Campus||Mid-Campus||South Campus||Mt. Hope Campus||Graduate, Family and Veteran Housing||Central Utilities||Other Off-Site Buildings|
The University of Rochester's South Campus is located south of the Erie Canal in the town of Brighton.
1954 St. Agnes High School (River Road Buildings; Alumni and Advancement Center)
1966 Nuclear Structure Research Laboratory (University Facilities Center)
1968 Whipple Park Apartments
1977 Laboratory for Laser Energetics
2015 New Substation
2017 Outpatient Imaging Center and Autism Center
1954 "U. of R. Purchases W. Henrietta Rd. Land for $71,000," Democrat and Chronicle, June 27, 1954, Page 31.
1959 "University Buys Land Adjoining South Campus," Democrat and Chronicle, May 26, 1959, Page 24.
of the University of Rochester, 1850-1962, by Arthur J.
May. Expanded edition with notes
Chapter 35, Reunion of the Colleges
Looking to the future, de Kiewiet urged that more land be acquired near existing University holdings. Accordingly, two parcels approximating seventy acres south of the Barge Canal were bought (1954); designated the South Campus, the purchase gave the University a grand total of about 245 acres.
History of South Campus Forests
© 2021 Morris A. Pierce