|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
Central City was incorporated as a city in 1886.
The first water works were built by the Wilson Brothers in 1873.
The city bought the works
in 1889 and rebuilt the system.
Water is provided by the city of Central City.
1878 "New Water Works at Central City, Colorado," Engineering News 5:11 (June 6, 1878)
Eureka Water Company incorporated to supply Central City.
1888 "Central City," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 1.
1890 "Central City," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 2.
of the State of Colorado, by Frank Hall
Page 422: The Central City Waterworks are now nearly completed. The water is conveyed from the springs of the Toinby, Tascher and Thompson ranches, about four miles from the city. There are thirty-five hydrauts and 23,150 feet of mains in the city limits. The winter supply is 38,712½ gallons every twenty-four hours. There is one large reservoir that holds 16,800 barrels, and a service reservoir with a capacity of 5,000 barrels. The cost of these waterworks is between $80,000 and $90,000.
1891 "Central City," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 3.
1897 "Central City," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 4.
© 2020 Morris A. Pierce