|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
Williamsport was founded in the mid-1750s.
The Williamsport Water Company was incorporated in 1819, with Jacob T. Towson, Michael A. Finley. Edward G. Williams, Edmund B. Turner, and Milton H. Sackett appoined as commissioners to sell stock. No evidence has been found that this company built a system.
Williamsport built a public water system in 1928.
Water is currently purchased from the City of Hagerstown and distributed by the Town of Williamsport.
1819 An act for introducing a copious supply of Water into the Town of Williamsport, February 12, 1819.
© 2015 Morris A. Pierce