|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|Middle Atlantic States||New York||Hamilton|
The Village of Hamilton was settled around 1794.
The Aqueduct Association in the town of Hamilton was incorporated in 1802 by Elisha Payne, Peter P. Roots, Benjamin Pierce, Nathaniel King, John Collins, Thomas Greenly, John Williams and James Pettit, "for the purpose of supplying the village where courts are held in the town of Hamilton, in the county of Chenango, with pure and wholesome water, for the use of such inhabitants thereof and others as may be inclined to take the same." No further information has been found about this company.
The Hamilton Water Association was incorporated in 1832 by Benjamin W. Babcock, Thomas Greenly and Seneca B. Burchard "for the purpose of supplying the village of Hamilton, in the county of Madison, with pure and wholesome water." No further information has been found about this company.
The village of Hamilton built a combined water and electric light plant in 1895.
Water is supplied by the Village of Hamilton.
1802 An act for incorporating an Aqueduct Association in the Town of Hamilton, in the County of Chenango, April 5, 1802.
1832 An act to incorporate the Hamilton Water Association, April 25, 1838
Hamilton: A Description of the Village of Hamilton, New York; Its
Scenery, Material Development, Institutions of Learning, and Business
Page 20-21 description of water and electric light plant
1897 "Hamilton," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 4.
© 2015 Morris A. Pierce