|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|Middle Atlantic States||New York||Port Byron|
Port Byron was incorporated as a village in 1837.
The village built a water system for fire protection in 1871, which was later expanded to provide domestic service.
Water is provided by the Village of Port Byron.
1871 Auburn Daily Bulletin, March 25, 1871, Page 1.
The Port Byron water works are completed, and on trial prove very satisfactory. The hydrants threw a stream over the Masonic Hall in that village against a west wind, and the supply is ample for all the present needs.
1882 Port Byron, Engineering News, 9:100 (March 25, 1882)
1882 Port Byron, from "The Water-Supply of Certain Cities and Towns of the United States," by Walter G. Elliot, C. E., Ph. D.
1888 "Port Byron," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 1.
1890 "Port Byron," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 2.
1891 "Port Byron," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 3.
1897 "Port Byron," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 4.
Report of the State Department of Health
Page 549: Port Byron public water supply
© 2018 Morris A. Pierce