|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
Venice was laid out in 1816 on the south shore of Sandusky Bay in Margaretta Township. It was annexed to the City of Sandusky in 1963.
The Venice Watering Company was incorporated in 1835 by Horatio N. Fish, Orlando McKnight, and Harley Long "for the purpose of supplying the village of Venice, in the county of Huron, with water." No evidence has been found that this company built a system.
Water is provided by the City of Sandusky.
1835 An act to incorporate the Venice Watering Company. March 7, 1835.
© 2016 Morris A. Pierce