|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|Middle Atlantic States||Pennsylvania||Aaronsburg|
Aaronsburg in Centre County was founded by Aaron Levy in 1786.
The President and Directors of the Water Pipes in Aaronsburg were incorporated in March, 1809 to manage a system distributing water from a spring privilege granted by Aaron Levy. It is not known when the system was originally built. The company operated until August, 2008, when it transferred its assets to the Haines-Aaronsburg Municipal Authority.
Water is provided by the
Haines-Aaronsburg Municipal Authority.
1809 An act to incorporate the President and Directors of the Water Pipes in Aaronsburg, March 25, 1809
1844 An act supplementary to an act to incorporate the president and directors of the water pipes in Aaronsburg, January 29, 1844
1867 An act relative to the per capita tax to be assessed by the water directors of the town of Aaronsburg, county of Centre, March 15, 1867
1961 An Act amending the act of January 29, 1844 (P. L. 25), entitled “An act supplementary to an act to incorporate the president and directors of the water pipes in Aaronsburg,” permitting additional persons to vote for the directors; further providing who shall be taxed, increasing one tax; providing for flat rates and tap on charges; and repealing inconsistent legislation, September 19, 1961.
2007 IRS Form 990 for Aaronsburg Water Pipes, Inc.
Pennsylvania Bulletin, 38 Pa.B. 5044, Saturday, September 13, 2008,
recording transfer from Aaronsburg Water Pipes, Inc. to Haines-Aaronsburg
© 2015 Morris A. Pierce