|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|Middle Atlantic States||Pennsylvania||Warriors Mark|
Warriors Mark was founded in 1768 and became a township in 1798.
The Warriorsmark Water Company was incorporated in 1852 by James Chamberlain, B. F. Patton, David Parker, Abednego Stepheus, Jacob Rider, Samuel Eyer, Walter Vantries, John B. Galvin, William Wilson, Jacob Wyant, Samuel Kulp, Samuel Rider, Jesse Mothersbaugh, George Guyer, Dr. H. K. Neff, Martin Itinger, James Thompson, D. Bates, Elijah Gauve and Gideon Gauve "to erect and repair such works as shall be necessary to supply works a sufficient quantity of pure water to any building in the said village of Warriorsmark." The company built a gravity system that began operating in 1855.
The Warriors Mark General Authority was formed on January 19, 1973 to own and operate the township's water system, which is purchased later that year.
Water service is provided by the Warriors Mark General Authority.
1852 An act to incorporate the Warriorsmark Water company, in the village of Warriorsmark, Huntington county. March 5, 1852.
1857 A supplement to an act to incorporate the Warriors Mark Water company, in the village of Warriors Mark, Huntington county. May 12, 1857.
1863 An act to authorize the sale of the Warrior's Mark Water Company. April 14, 1863.
Mark Water Company," Water Resources Inventory Report,
Pennsylvania Water Supply Commission
Works were built in 1855. Supply to 195 people.
News," Altoona Tribune, May 19, 1951, Page 5.
The water company is owned by 17 property owners in the area.
1973 "Township of Warriors Mark. Ordinance to acquire Warriorsmark Water Company," Huntington Daily News, August 17, 1973, Page 14.
© 2016 Morris A. Pierce