|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
Corinne was incorporated in 1870.
The first water works was built by Hiram House in 1869, pumping water from the Bear River into a tank and distributed through wooden tanks. This system was discontinued around 1875, but restarted again in 1891 and used until 1912, when a new water supply was obtained from springs at the foot of the mountain a few miles east.
Water is supplied by the City of Corinne.
1914 "Corinne's New Water Supply," The Ogden Standard, May 6, 1914, Page 7.
1941 "The Gentile City of
Corinne," by Bernice Gibbs Anderson, Utah Historical Quarterly
9(3-4):141-154 (July, September, 1941)
Page 149: In 1869, Hiram House, one of the city founders, put in a water system for the city, which was probably the first in the state. Water was pumped from the Bear River into a huge tank and run through wooden pipes until about 1875 or 1876, when it was discontinued. Water was then hauled from the river and sold from door to door, selling for 20c a barrel. 24 From 1891 the system was again used until 1912, when a new water supply was obtained from springs at the foot of the mountain a few miles east.
1949-1964 Papers Concerning Corinne Water Works, by Dean F. Peterson and Alvin A. Bishop
Diaries of Charles Ora Card: The Utah Years, 1871-1886, by
Charles Ora Card
Page 135: The water was turned into the water pipes of Corinne Water Works today.
and Peterson Professional Engineers papers, 1948-1972
© 2020 Morris A. Pierce