|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|New England States||Vermont||Pittsford|
Pittsford was first settled by Europeans in 1769.
The Pittsford Aqueduct Company was incorporated in 1816 by William Frisbe, Gordon Newell, John Gordon, John Barnes, Jun., Kenelne Winslow, John Dean, Jason Hubbel, Oliver Brown, jacob Sheldon, and Nathan Hawley "for the purpose of making, using, and enjoying an aqueduct, to supply the inhabitants of the village in Pittsford with water." No evidence has been found that this company built a system.
Another Pittsford Aqueduct Company was incorporated in 1891 by S. K. Burbank, E. B. Rand, J. M. Goodnough, Dan. D. Burdit, W. T. Denison, F. C. Denison, Jno. W. Willard, C. S. Colburn and H. F. Walker "for the purpose of constructing and maintaining an aqueduct to supply the inhabitants of Pittsford with water for domestic and other uses." This company built a system and acquired the Pittsford Sewer Company in 1908.
The water system was sold to the Town of Pittsford in 1973.
The Pittsford water
system is owned by the Town
1816 An act, incorporating certain persons as the Pittsford Aqueduct Company. October 26, 1816.
1890 "Pittsford," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 2.
1891 An act to incorporate the Pittsford Aqueduct Company, August 27, 1891
1891 "Pittsford," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 3.
1892 An act to amend an act passed August 27, 1891, entitled, "An act to incorporate the Pittsford Aqueduct Company." October 29, 1892. Increased capital stock to $30,000.
1892 An act to amend an act passed August 27th, 1891, entitled, "An act to incorporate the Pittsford Aqueduct Company." November 10, 1892
1897 "Pittsford," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 4.
1908 An act to authorize the Pittsford Aqueduct Company to purchase the stock, properties, works, franchises, rights, privileges and immunities of the Pittsford Sewer Company. November 17, 1908
1979 Jerome F. TENNIEN v. Town of PITTSFORD, 404 A.2d 111 (1979) Supreme Court of Vermont. June 5, 1979.
© 2015 Morris A. Pierce