|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|New England States||Massachusetts||Richmond|
Richmond was incorporated in 1765.
The Proprietors of the Aqueduct in Richmond were chartered in 1796 by John Bacon, Daniel Rathburn, Jonathan Holly, Daniel Hall, Jabez Brooks, Samuel Dewey, Nathaniel Reddington, Thomas Beckes, John Bacon Jr., and Cyprian Branch. No evidence has been found that this system was constructed.
The Richmond Iron Company built a water system in 1882 to supply their shops and houses in Richmond Furnace.
The Town of Richmond currently has no public water supply and relies on private water wells.
1796 An act to incorporate John Bacon and others for the purposes therein mentioned. November 24, 1796.
© 2015 Morris A. Pierce